Innovation is a word we hear often, but what does it really mean to be an Innovative Leader? Is it possible to be innovative in environments that have historically embraced stability and order over risk, change, and uncertainty? This course will encourage you to build a new mindset for approaching challenges in our organizations. Learn to identify possibilities and create the conditions in your work teams that make innovation a way of being, versus a one-time initiative. During this interactive session, we will explore:
- What it means to be an Innovative Leader – and ways to stretch your skills and capacity in this area
- Innovation as a way of being, versus an initiative or a program
- Innovative approaches to problem-solving
- Intrapreneurship: bringing an entrepreneurial mindset and perspective to your team and organization
- Tools, technologies, and processes that support innovative leadership
- The challenges with “innovation” and how to navigate them
Learn more and register on UW Extension's website here.