Do any of these things sound familiar?
- You find yourself saying “yes” when what you really want to say is “no.”
- You give generously and frequently, and you wonder what it would like to sometimes be on the “receiving” end of the equation.
- You find yourself spending time and energy on things that don’t bring you joy. When you ask yourself why you’re still doing it, the answer contains some form of “should.”
- You’re still on the committee/the project/the volunteer group that you don’t really love, because you feel bad quitting.
- Your job isn’t aligned with your deepest passion. You stay, not because you love it, but because you might not find anything better.
- You refrain from telling people about your blog/your project/your new business because “it’s not far enough along yet.”
- You keep your blog posts hidden away in “draft” form, because if you publish them, someone might actually read them.
If so, you’re not alone. These are challenges that many of us seem to face in some form or another. While we know that logically it doesn’t make sense to do these things, it can be really hard to change them in everyday life.
In this interactive, discussion-based workshop, we’ll explore:
- Who we are at our most compelling
- The things that get in the way and lead us back to the behaviors above
- How to create meaningful, positive change back in our lives and in our worlds
This event will be part workshop, part rich conversation, and part ‘evening out with other amazing individuals.’ We’ll have meaningful discussion, refreshments, and of course, some fun. The event will be offered free of charge as 1) a bit of gratitude for all of the people who inspired it, 2) a thank you for being part of the filming of a video I'll be working on, which will include a bit of footage of the event.